Tuesday, May 01, 2007

River Falls Base Camp

So the weekend of training is over. If you are interested in seeing pictures you can find some here. It was a great time. There was a lot of fun people, great weather, good running and riding. We even managed to squeeze in a micro-tri. It just so happened that the weekend that SCS planned the weekend camp, there was an organized race at the pool where we were having our workouts. I’m pretty sure no one even recorded their time. It was a 400 yd swim, 3.8 mile ride, and 1.8 mile run. It was a good way to round out the morning session. The rides were pretty sweet. The scenery out there is great and there are some pretty killer hills. A ride of 60+ miles feels like 100 over there. No wonder people say IM WI is so tough. Over the course of the weekend I got in 20+ miles of running, 110+ miles of biking, an hour maters swim, and the micro-tri. Good times.

Excellent weather is finally here. This weekend will be filled with training and yard work. It will be nice not to have to travel anywhere. I need to get the garden and flower beds in shape, so the lower back is in for quite a weekend. I’ll fire up the chiropractor on Monday. Wednesday night I think I’m going to go get my ass handed to me by all the roadies at the Black Dog Time Trial. Those guys just have a different type of fitness about them. They’ll all end up dusting me on the bike, but if they joined me on my run after the race, I’m sure I’d pay them back.

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

I know what you mean. It's so weird how fitness is specialized like that. I'll bet you'll pass at least a couple dudes, though.

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger Heather said...

It was fun training with you this weekend. Good luck tomorrow night. I was going to go -- until I missed my group ride tonight because of work. Now I need to make up some time on the bike. Maybe next week..

Ride strong!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home