Thursday, April 19, 2007

Last Nights Recovery Ride

A HR of 170 can be considered recovery right? Last night I met up with some guys for a 2 or so hour ride. Wednesday I had a pretty serious brick, and before the ride I went to the Y for my swim workout. Two hours easy with a group sounded like a great evening. Well the boys had another plan for the night. After we caught back up to their wheels after they passed the doghouse, I realized I was going to have to make a decision soon. The pace was a little faster than I was looking for. After riding below the airport, the hill out of the park up to the airport shelled me off the back. There was a re-group for a fraction of a second at the light, and then I think I heard Josh peel out as we headed toward the cemetery/lightrail. I looked at my HR monitor and immediately told Drew to go on without me and I eased off. I caught up with the crew at the next light and told them I was gonna bail. I didn’t want to hold them up if they wanted a hammer session. I turned around and enjoyed the recovery pace I was looking for.

A bachelor party weekend lies ahead. I’m flying out to Columbus tonight, and then we are driving to WV for some whitewater rafting. I think there is a chance that we’ll get kicked out of the campgrounds. G gave me three rules that I needed to follow 1) Don’t die, 2) No physical injuries and 3) No jail. I hope to follow #1 for sure, the others…..well.

7 Comments:

At 8:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed you last night. I rode from Freewheel to the doghouse and then peeled off to go home. Josh was on a mission to rip legs off last night. I think we averaged 24mph in te little amount of time I rode.

Little D

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

Ahh, that was you. Sorry I didn't recognize you. Hope to see you out on a ride soon.

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

WV sounds lke fun. Josh can be a fast mofo when he wants--dude needs to start racing and get it out of his system!

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Dana said...

hey allan!

2 things-- first, i have some coffee to send you (was having fond memories of coffee club this morning. send me your address). second, i started a blog last month and just recently posted about the boston marathon...since you are an ironman beast i imagine you can appreciate running 26 miles in a noreaster :) beginitnow.blogspot.com

hope you're well!

dana

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger SickBoy said...

allan - I'd only been on the ride once before weds... I thought I knew the M.O. but I was probably wrong. hope I didn't piss too many people off. josh - was he the one on the red/white lemond? if so, yeah, he was on a legripper...

 
At 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy

Yes, Josh was the one on the Lemond.

Litle D

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

Andy, no worries. I'm glad you all had a good time. I just didn't want to hold you guys back.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home