Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Morning Crack

So John on KEXP is a really funny guy. I pretty much listen to his show every morning. When he’s out sick or on vacation and I tune in to hear someone filling in for him it’s a pretty big disappointment. He plays a great mix of music, and has great commentary. For example, the following commentary made me laugh out loud.

A listener wrote in to him saying they needed some song suggestions from the 1987 era. The listener suggested all music from that era was crap. So John put together a set of good music from that time period, and also made fun of some not so good music. During some commentary he made reference to Guns and Roses and he was like…”didn’t that album come out around ’87? Wasn’t it great to listen to that album while you were trying to replace your blood with alcohol?”

Funny Stuff I tell ya, you should give him a listen. It also reminded me of one of the better Modest Mouse lines “I drink away the part of the day that I cannot sleep away.” So while we are on music here’s a new recommendation:

Artist: Tokyo Police Club
Album: A Lesson in Crime
The tracks Citizens of Tomorrow and Nature of the Experiment pretty much kick my face in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home