Friday, March 02, 2007

No New Bikes for Me

I didn’t win the Powerball last night. We did however win the snow lottery. Man, I had to shovel three times in a 24 hour period. My lower back is feeling it. Whenever I’m out there shoveling I think of the movie Beautiful Girls and the scene where Natalie Portman critiques Timothy Hutton’s shoveling technique. It’s a great snowy Saturday/Sunday afternoon movie. Check it out if you’ve never seen it. I fell in love with Natalie Portman because of it. She had amazing lines written for her and she pulled them off spectacularly.

The men’s room at my work recently got a new air freshener scent. The crazy thing is that it is the exact scent that used to be at a bar that my friends and I would go to after work in NC (The Sunset). Every time I walk in there now I have a flashback and feel like I have a decent buzz. I hope the memory doesn’t get replaced with this hell I call work.

The weekend is a few hours away. No real plans for us. We are having brunch with friends tomorrow, and I have workouts both days. Otherwise I see a lot of relounging for us. I’m about ¼ of the way through a new book that I’m really in to, so I can also envision some time with coffee and reading.

New music recommendation: Tom Vek, We Have Sound.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home