Friday, February 16, 2007

My Hero..


So T3 is not only Cat6 tech support, he is also my social events planner. I have some friends coming into town this weekend that had some specific requests. The first was ice skating. I thought this would be an easy chore since it seams like Mpls. Park Board has rinks set up all over the city. The problem is that none of us have skates. So, rumor has it that the Kenny Activity Center has a bunch of loaners. If anyone has other ideas let me know. The only alternative is to go to the rink in Depot Downtown. The problem here is that you need to pay a decent amount for the rentals and the admission. Well, not that much I guess ~$15/person. Not a big deal, its just I’d rather spend $15 on something else. But hey, if that’s what the people want, that’s what they get. I looked at the pictures on the Depot website and it looks pretty cool. It might be worth supporting something like that in downtown to keep it up and running.

The second was a request on good coffee houses. My friend is a real coffee geek, so he has compiled a short list of places he picked off a message board that are near me. I’m sure we’ll hit up CRC, but I just don’t think its will suffice for the entire weekend. I’m looking for someplace open, with a pretty friendly feel, probably with couches or big chairs. It goes without saying that the coffee has to be above average. This is the short list he came up with. If you know anything about them let me know what you think.

Anodyne on 43rd
4301 Nicollet Ave

Coffee Fool (Roaster-Retailer)
7760 France Ave

Pandora's Cup
2516 Hennepin Ave

Black Sheep

T3 has been to Anodyne, though he didn’t have an opinion on it either way. He said he was there while building WMD’s in the basement below the coffee house.

1 Comments:

At 9:10 PM , Blogger T3 said...

dood... hero?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home