Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Welcome a friend

So I’m not sure on her policy about providing a real name, but a good friend of mine in NC has started a blog (sometimes we call her the Oracle). Check her out here. As I started drafting this post, I was thinking I would tell a good story about her as an introduction. Before I knew it I had so many stories that it would have taken me the better part of the day to get them written down, so I’ll make it brief. There are three major things that will forever bond us. These are only a few, and are pretty silly, but hey that’s what makes us cool. They are, 1) Books about people with really fucked up lives. Think along the lines of Chuck Palahniuk. 2) Lost. Yes the TV series. 3) Coors Light.

1) When I lived in NC we started a book club. Never mind the fact that the club only lasted for two books, thanks Dana. Well actually the blame lands on Jeff and Sumeet but I digress. The first book was on my recommendation as it was my idea to start the club. I selected Invisible Monsters by Mr. Palahniuk. I think it was a little over the top for some members, but she and I loved it from start to finish. That’s when we confessed our fascination with genre of literature.

2) I was hooked on Lost since the very first episode. I stumbled across it the day it aired. The show took a while before it took off, but I was hooked immediately. Anyway, I was always looking for someone to re-cap with. Well one day on a DRIVE to Kentucky, she found the episode being aired on AM radio. When she got to work after the trip we would have Thursday morning meetings to re-cap. The meetings were usually a complete play-by-play replay of the episode because Jeff forgot to watch and wanted to be in the loop.

3) Coors Light. Although we are both pretty liberal folks, we can’t stay off the Republican crack. The Oracle is one of those rare women in the world that can be considered one of the guys. This and her love for CL Smooth led to another of her nicknames, which she is listed as on the right. She can hang with the boys so well, sometimes at the bar she is waiting for us to finish our beers before we order another. When we were all still getting to know her, someone commented that they thought she had a hollow leg that she was pouring her beer into. No matter how much she would drink, she was always in control and lady like, though still one of the boys.

So welcome Oracle to the web. I can’t wait to see you in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home