Friday, May 04, 2007

For the love of Pete

Can you believe it? It’s finally here, Friday. This has single handedly been the longest work week in about 5 years. Bachelor party followed by super busy work week, book ended by the tri-camp and the last 4 days leaves me a very tired kid. It’s gonna take every bit of this depth charge (wiki calls it the red eye, whatever) to get me to lunch.

Here’s a link to our wedding site if anyone is interested. We are gonna keep adding pictures to it, that way we’ll have embarrassing pictures of everyone involved, not just a few of you. I think that we are going to have a blast at this wedding. G and I met with the priest last night. It was kinda funny that we both made sure we had a least one beer before going to our counseling. He suggested that we live apart until the wedding, yeah like that’s gonna happen. The alternative he suggested was sleeping in separate beds. The whole church thing is more of G’s deal so I’m leaving that decision up to her. After meeting with Fr. Jim we rode up to Bryant Lake Bowl and sat outside for dinner and another beer. Man it was a great night for being out on the town with bikes.

Another friend has started a blog. Here’s a link to Dana. She doesn’t update it too often and is in the very beginning stages, but I’m sure she’ll have some interesting perspectives on things. We are both from Ohio and met while we were living in NC. She’s an idealist/activist/professional/hippie too. An all around great gal, check her out. She has a recent post about the shit storm that’s going on in DC regarding the DC call girl releasing cell numbers of her clients. She was a little shocked about one of the dudes recently outed, the head of USAID, as he has championed policy against prostitution. I have to say that I’ll never be surprised by some of the shady shit that goes down inside of the beltway, or in high places and seedy corners of Corporate America. The majority of those people didn’t get where they are because they are Saints. That one however is pretty high on the hypocrisy ladder.

I’m feeling pretty chatty today so I may post more later….we’ll see. The espresso will only last so long!

4 Comments:

At 2:04 PM , Blogger Lunatic Biker said...

I can't get the wedding site link to open which kinda makes me crabby cuz everybody knows how much I love a good wedding although Mrs and I were married at the Dupage County courthouse in Wheaton, IL.

 
At 2:51 PM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

I can't get the wedding site link to open...

You get it to work? I've heard from a few people that they were having trouble with it.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger T3 said...

I'm still waiting for the second post...

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

I'm still waiting for the second post...

Don't hold yor breath!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home