Thursday, May 17, 2007

Doggystyle

So last night was pretty fun. I have no idea how I did because I have yet to glue a magnet on the race wheels for the computer, and I forgot my HR monitor so I couldn’t even time myself. It was pretty weird flying blind like that. I mean I just pushed myself as hard as I could, but I had no feedback. Wearing the HR monitor will at least let you know if you are starting to ease off….or blow up. Anyway, I’m waiting for them to post results, though I’m not holding my breath, just curious to how it all turned out.

It was kinda windy and I felt like crap warming up. My thighs were pretty tight from Tuesday nights 400 and 800 repeats on the Edina track. I rode the course 1.5 times before the start to get used to how the HED 3’s reacted in the crosswinds. I got blown around a little but nothing major. The race started and I took off after my 30 second man. The biggest thing I noticed was how far forward on the saddle I was the entire race. I mean I usually am when I’m on the TT bike, but over the past few month I’ve noticed how much more aggressive I’ve gotten. A few times the back end got pretty squirrelly when I went over bumps in the road. I ended up passing a few people, though they were not the fastest people on the course. I’m not so sure how good of a barometer that was, I’m not putting much stock in it. I was hoping to finish somewhere around 18 minutes. I think that would have resulted in an average speed of ~24 mph. I hereby conclude that racing; be it criteriums, running, time trials, whatever it may be if you are actually RACING they result in pain.

When I got home I took Louie for a walk. He’d been penned up inside all day so I went longer than usual. About ¾ of the way home I hit a serious wall. I didn’t even know you could bonk 30 minutes or more after your workout. I was wearing pants and a fleece as the temps had started to drop. By the time I fully hit the wall I was sweating through my shirt and super lightheaded. I thought I was gonna have to sit down and collect myself. As soon as I got home I killed some food. Ten minute later all was good again

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger AdamB said...

I like road racing the best because it is at least only intermittently painful.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger SickBoy said...

allan - good guess on your time -

http://silvercycling.org/bdtt/bdtt_results_07/bdtt_0516.html

good to see you out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home