Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Saturday Ride

So Saturday afternoon I thought it would be great to head to Liquor Lyle's for happy hour and some college basketball. So I bundled myself in gear, put some hand warmers in my shoes and took of for the old neighborhood. The ride was great though I think I had a little too much clothes on the upper body. I really had to moderate my exertion to keep from sweating through stuff. I walked into the bar and some dudes asked if I was out skiing (you know the goggles and everything). I told them that I had rode my bike and they freaked out. It raised the question to me, why would it have been completely acceptable if I was downhill skiing in the cold, but biking was crazy. I mean when I downhill I'm going faster than my leisurely ride to the bar, whatever. Its an argument I tried to make to others since. It didn't fly with any of them.

So I bellied up to the bar and she asked me for my ID. Dude are you effing kidding me, I left it at home! I couldn't believe it. SO I figured I would just call G and ask her to stop by the house on the way and pick it up for me. She was flying in from Chicago and planned on meeting me for the second half of the Tarheels game. So I dig into my bag for the phone. Yep, I left it at home too. So now I had to bust ass home to get my phone and call her before she made it out of the airport and headed to LL's. Some times it sucks to be me and have such forgetfulness.

Anyway, I had a good afternoon on the bike, even if I didn't get to enjoy any beverages at LL's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home