Wednesday, January 16, 2008

No Updates = No Workouts?


Not really. I was in Southwest MN the last few days for work and didn’t bring the camera. On Monday night I ventured out into the streets of Worthington, MN for a 45 minute run or so. The temp was like 7 so I figured if I got too cold I would just turn around and head back to the wonderful amenities of the AmercInn. I made my way down to the lake in the downtown area and saw that there was a path around it. After about a half mile on the path I came across a walker and asked how far it was aroud the lake and she told me it was like 5 miles. Cool, I took off and was feeling great. The halfway around the lake I ran smack into the wind. My junk was instantly pissed. I picked up the pace to get back to the hotel as quick as possible.

This is a picture of the lake from the path looping around it.

When I had nearly completed the loop I figured I branched off early I could find a quicker way back. I mean it’s not like Worthington is a megatropolis. Well, this wasn’t the best move. I totally got lost and had to stop three times and ask people for directions. Total run time 1:10:00. It took me like two cups of coffee and 4 freshly baked cookies to warm back up. My moisture wicking gloves were covered in frost and my eyelashes were partially frozen. Overall it was a great run, it seems like the town is pretty nice. The people definitely were.

I’m back home now so look for more pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home