Friday, January 18, 2008

Skyway YMCA = Olympic Training Center?

So yesterday was an easy day. I had a 30 minute ride on the spin bike and an hour of aqua-jogging. Yep I said aqua-jogging. The day was meant to be easy on the legs and give them some active rest. The workout entailed some prolonged “sprints” at VO2 max levels. I actually broke a sweat, so I guess you can get a workout even though it doesn’t feel like it. The highlight of the workout was when DKT came in for his swim workout. When he sprints in the pool dragging the parachute, he is still faster than me. Dude is freakin fast in everything. The Y should use the fact that he trains there as a selling point. I mean if its good enough for a world class athlete, its good enough for the weekend warriors and New Years Revolutionists.

Today I have my first swim “workout” since taking time off from the shoulder injury. It’s a lot of one arm and kicking stuff, but there is some extended stuff. If I have any type of pain in the shoulder I’m calling it quits. No sense in rushing recovery in January.

It’s gonna be balmy up here this weekend. Not sure how much time I’ll spend outside training. I have Monday off, so we are having folks over to celebrate G’s birthday and watch the Packers on Sunday. I’m making some Chili that really packs some heat. We are going to need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home