Friday, October 06, 2006

Three day weekend!

This week I started working in a field office in Farmington. I’ll be here for the entire month of October. Given how great the weather has been this week and the full color of the leaves, the drive here everyday has been great. The cool air in the morning, fog/frost pockets on some the fields, combined with the early morning sunrise and great colors of the trees, fall is pretty decent. It takes me a little over a half an hour to get here, about the same as if I were driving to the office in St. Paul. While I'm here I'll be working with landowners (farmers) to develop and design conservation plans. Things like protecting wetlands, reducing erosion, and deciding how to best apply/dispose of their manure. I definately think some days will be better than others.

This weekend will be pretty laid back. G is traveling for like the entire month. I think we counted that she will be home for around 8 days or so this month. I’m glad I have Louie for company. I plan on getting a ride in on Saturday and then working on installing the new part on the commuter. They haven’t arrived yet, though UPS says they’ll get there today. I also ordered a new soft-shell jacket from REI. I think it’s gonna get to the store on the 10th. That reminds, some friends and family have birthdays (8th and 10th) this month. Anyway, the jacket is an Arc’Teryx that is on closeout at REI Outlet. Take a look if ya want. It was originally like $260 but I got it for $125 after coupons. That’s like the price of a normal fleece. If anyone is in the market for a soft-shell they should check it out (ask me about and online coupon too). The only color available is red, which is pretty sweet if you ask me.

No work on Monday, thanks Christopher. I'm glad we recognize such an upstanding, moral, ethical man such as you. Everytime this holiday rolls around I think of the Bob Marley song "You Can't Blame the Youth" off the Talkin' Blues album. He basically sings about how children are taught that Cristopher Columbus was a very brave man in "discovering america", though no one ever talks about the awful actions that he carried out along the way. Here's a little reading material if you are interested.

Have a great weekend!

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do you hate america?

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

i learned it all from Smithers

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home