Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Times are Changing

Last night on my run I had the first hints/feeling that fall was on the way. The shadows were a little longer than usual after work, there was a strong breeze, the temps. had cooled and the number of people around the lakes had dropped significantly. I know I mentioned this in an earlier post, but I am really starting to dig this place. As I was running I thought that if you are at all into outdoors, Minneapolis/St. Paul is a kick ass place to be. This place is so lush with trees, lakes, trails, parks etc. The winters aren’t as bad as everyone from far away thinks (thank god so many people insist on driving SUV’s) and even when it does get cold, people are still out there getting after it.

Saturday we are heading north for the Castaway Triathlon. Sunday will be the one year anniversary of the adoption of Louie. We are staying in Detroit Lakes on Friday, and then hope to camp on Saturday night in Itasca State Park. For those of you not from here, this is where the headwaters for the Mississippi are. There are some backpacking sites that are only a few miles in so it would be pretty low hassle. The only problem is that someone here at work told me that the mosquitoes at those sites can be terrible since they are in a really marshy area. I’m scouting out alternatives

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

The cities are pretty awesome. And Harriet is probably the best lake.

I think chances are good that I'll pull a Super Rookie in a few years.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home