Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Involuntary Inhaling

"The debate is over. The science is clear. Secondhand smoke is not a mere annoyance but a serious health hazard …….."stay away from smokers," Carmona said.

So I’m not much of a soap box type, but this is one thing that really gets to me. Even after statements like these there are people that CHOOSE to smoke. First, you are killing yourself, but more importantly you are killing other people! Still, people complain that they are not allowed to smoke in bars where bans are in place. Are you freakin serious? Would it be OK if I was in a bar and went around and spit in your drinks while being infected with hepatitis? Or what if I simply had a cold and sneezed around/on you (I mean your smoke ends up on me)? I know there are people who would be appalled at the chance of catching a simple cold from someone but are more than happy to light up around strangers. If you want to smoke fine, just keep a ¼ mile or so radius between yourself and the nearest non-smoker, or just never exhale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home