Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Dial up the Bullpen

Last night was our weekly softball game. When we got there we found out that both of our pitchers were not going to be there. So right before the game started we had last minute try outs. I was unlucky enough to win the spot. Things started off OK, but then went South in a hurry in the 4th inning. The team we were playing had some real pricks on the team which added to the frustration. They knew I had never pitched before so they told all of their batters to take pitches until I threw strikes. If you walk a batter they get to go directly to second, so if your pitching is off the runs can start coming in fast. I think I may have walked in 2 or three runs (not to mention the 4 that were batted in) before finally getting out of the inning. We managed to stay close and forced them to their last at bat (we were the visiting team) and they won 14 to 13. After the game there were some words exchanged between some layers on our team and their pitcher. He was totally one of those pathetic dudes who is still stuck in High School and feels like being a bully to others will compensate for his lack of self esteem. Going through the line to shake hands with them, the dud started running his mouth to one of the girls on the team and then slapped her on the ass. The girl got super pissed so he started to explain that he was trying to pay her a compliment on her play. Yeah, let me check, I don’t think anyone in my office would like it if I rewarded them for their hard work by slapping them on the ass. Hey Tina, nice formatting on the new TPS reports, here's a nice smack on the ass for your efforts. If you keep up the good work maybe I'll slip you some tounge in the bathroom. What a toolbag!

We ended the night with some cold beers while we watched the second game. Man the weather was perfect for sitting outside and watching some softball. That’s one thing the locals up here have to look forward to, soon they’ll be able to watch the Twins play outside on nights like last night.

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

Where I come from that's a good reason to beat the shit out of someone.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

yeah i really felt like dropping some elbows but with other co-workers there i had to keep myself in check.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home