Tuesday, May 30, 2006

….since I rock and rolled

So, it’s been a long time since I posted. A lot has happened between now and the last post but I won’t go into great detail in one post. Here are the major updates.

In the Albert Lea triathlon I ended up 2nd in my age group, and 21st overall. The water was freezing. It made for numb toes off the bike and an interesting run.

Last week I was in Pittsburg for work. I had no internet access so I couldn’t really post or email or read message boards. It felt like I had been deleted from the world. The conference was good, I got to see my younger sister, and I got effed up with some old friends that I used to work with. The training and wallet took a little hit.

Over the weekend my parents were in town. We spent some time working on the house, went out to eat a lot, say BodyWorlds, which by the way was freakin kick ass, and basically relaxed. I raced on Saturday in Owatonna. The swim was a half mile, the longest of the season to date, and I rocked it. My legs were pretty dead from the traveling and drinking with friends in PA, and I ended up 5th in my age group and 22nd overall. On Memorial Day I went on a 3 ½ hour ride with G. She is training for the MS 150 and needed someone’s wheel for her ride. I was more than happy to oblige.

Now I’m back at work and really swamped. I’m heading to Duluth tomorrow for a big project meeting that I am leading and I’m totally not prepared for it. I think I’ll be up for a while tonight. No races this weekend, well none that I’m doing. I am registered for one but Dave agreed with me in that racing three weekends in a row is not the best idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home