Monday, May 08, 2006

Relaxing Sunday......And Then

So a quick update on the race results. Turns out I was 21st overall and 6 out of 38 in my division. The bike average was 21.4 and the run was 6:25. My swim sucks. I was 89th in the swim but 18th and 17th in the run bike and run respectively.

Anyway after a good race on Saturday G and I had a great Sunday. I got up early and played with the dog in the backyard and had some coffee. Once G got up, we got on our bikes and headed to the Sunnyside up Café for brunch. The weather was freakin awesome. We sat outside to eat and people watch. Good cheap eats they got there. After we were fully stuffed we got back on our rides and headed to freewheel. I needed to replace a pulley on my road bike if I plan on racing OPUS on Tuesday. Not sure if that will happen or not. G is thinking about starting to commute via bike. We looked at racks and bags for her at freewheel. Man it would be sweet to live that close to work and be able to ride there without messing up the rest of your training schedule. After pricing things out and picking up the new pulley we headed to the Town Hall to have a drink. Man I was totally supporting the Cat6 sponsors. Turns out they weren’t open yet so we went to the place across the street. I’m not even sure what the name of the place is. Anyway we sat outside and had a drink before heading out for Nicollet Island. It was G’s first trip there and it was cool since the river was up pretty high, the weather was nice, and there were people out and about. We swung past Elsie’s and thought about stopping for a drink, but thought 2 for 1’s at Liquor Lyles sounded better. We stopped in for a few drinks and nachos before heading home. Total ride was like 25 easy miles.

The relaxing part of the day was over though. I foolishly decided to start weeding the flowerbed/garden in the back yard. Man that totally blew! The last owners obviously hadn’t done anything with that thing for a while. I ended up digging everything out. It took me like 3 hours and some sever back strain. Now we have a big dirt area and have to decide what we are going to plant before Louie decides it’s his own little play area to dig holes and roll in the mud. We ended the night with the Sopranos, some Old Milwuakee Light and a shower. Overall a pretty awesome weekend.

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM , Blogger T3 said...

nice results. i can't swim either. kind of why i've been focused on the bike this year.

 
At 8:52 AM , Blogger AdamB said...

As Skidsy likes to say "No one can swim. Man was not meant to swim."

I'm thinking it's just the pool though, which makes a really tight flipturnthingie more important I'd imagine.

You really should come out to Opus tonight and mix it up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home