Monday, May 01, 2006

Delayed Damages

Like a hangover that when you first wake up its not there, but then slowly builds and really sets in by the afternoon, so are the effects of the Drake Relays. It appears that I either broke a rib or have a severe bruise or muscle pull in my upper right abdomen. Based on my last post it would be difficult to tell where any of the activities could have lead to such an injury. Well, you had to be privy to the juicy details to be in the know. Anyway yesterday I did a 35 mile ride after leaving the Freewheel expo. I wanted to test out my proposed commuting route and get a feel for how long it would take me, turns out its farther than I thought. I may need to do some more planning. My chest only hurt when I was climbing up hills or really pushing the tempo, not a big deal if my first race wasn’t this weekend! Hopefully this week of mild workouts leading up to Saturday will give my body time to heal. The most amazing thing about yesterdays ride was that I happened to get out on the roads for the whole two hours of the day when it wasn’t raining. Man this shit has got to stop. I have a softball game after work tonight, as long as the rain holds off. We’ll see how the sore chest responds to swinging a bat. I may need to play DBD, designated beer drinker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home