Friday, May 19, 2006

The end is near

Friday afternoons are a great time for a new post. This weekend looks to be pretty good. I think we will be having drinks on the deck tonight, possibly riding to a few local establishments later on. Saturday Girl Carl said she wanted to see the new house, so I imagine some bike riding and beers will be involved there too. Sunday I have a race in Albert Lea. Distances are a ¼ mile swim, 20 mile bike, and a 4.2 mile run. The swim will be interesting as it will most likely be everyone’s first open water swim of the year. My legs have been feeling really dead this week. Even in yesterdays swim I could feel it. That’s saying a lot because my swim technique involves little to no kick. I plan on testing them early in the bike and if they feel good really hammer it, otherwise use the race as a high intensity workout and really pay attention to the signals my body sends out under different race conditions. Racing is a constant learning experience, and you can never simulate race conditions in a training workout no matter how hard you try. Either way the race goes I’m looking forward to it.

I just bought tickets to Body Worlds for next Friday. My parents get into town on Thursday morning for a long weekend and thought this would be an awesome thing to do one night. Friends of mine saw this exhibit in NYC a few months back and said it was freaking amazing. I’m really excited about it, my parents visit, and all of the activities we have planned for the weekend. Some of you may meet them as I’m sure I’ll post where we plan on having drinks over the course of the weekend. They are really fun to hang out with. I scheduled a last minute race that weekend because they have never seen me race a tri. I’m sure we will all enjoy that. I’m sure my race nerves will be in overdrive that day since I’ll really want to do them proud.

Hope everyone’s week is winding down smoothly and you get a chance to relax and enjoy the weekend. I’ll post a race report and let you all know how it went.

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Al! Just wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading your info! You make my laugh! Miss you bunches, and I hope you have fun with Mom and Dad. They are both looking forward to seeing you!

 
At 3:25 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

Dude, we totally missed you last night at Opus. You gotta come out next week--it's the last one!

You can do timetrials when you get old! You should rock some crits while you still can! Just make sure you get there by 5:35.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home