Thursday, May 11, 2006

A day in the life....

So I’m starting this post with almost no idea of what to write about. I mean I have a ton of random thoughts in my brain right now, but no real way to tie them all together. Here are a few things that I am sure of 1) I am tired all the time, 2) Our roof is leaking, 3) I just got a promotion at work 4) I really want to buy a new bike and might do it tonight, 5) oh and did I mention that I am tired a lot?

So lets start with 1 (and I guess 5). I’m not sure what to really make of this. It’s not like I am staying up late, drinking a 6 pack or even getting up super early. I go to bed at like 10:30 and get up at 6:30, eight solid hours of sleep. When Louie, aka the alarm clock, gets up I would rather chew my right hand off than get out of bed. I’m not sure how safe my commute is, considering I never really remember it. I think its one of those things where you are completely coherent while you are doing it, but once its over you are so tired it has been completely deleted from your memory. Or I’m just sleeping while driving to work! Maybe my workouts have ramped up in intensity and I’m just getting in better shape and haven’t noticed it (as far as perceived effort in the workout), except for feeling tired the next day. I’m not whining here but 2 workouts a day plus an 8 hour workday and commute really start to wear on you. Done.

2) Yeah the effing roof is leaking. This past Friday before heading to Alexandria, G looked up at the ceiling in the living room and saw that the paint was starting to bubble/foam where water was apparently coming in from our awesome roof. When we moved in there was a water stain on the ceiling but on the Truth-in-Housing form the previous owners said they had never had problems and the water markings must have been from the owners twice removed. Bullshit, so much for the validity of Minneapolis’s Truth-in-Housing Program. Anyway, we have 3 companies coming out on Monday to give us estimates. Based on conversations with friends and co-workers, its probably going to be between 4-6 thousand dollars. SSSWWWEEEEETTTT!

3) This should at least help with number 2. My boss cam into my cube yesterday and shook my hand and congratulated me. I was like “For What?” He asked if I had gotten my letter, dated May 2nd (which he had a copy of), and obviously I hadn’t. Anyway my promotion was approved by THE BOSS. What this basically equates to is that I am past my probationary period and I get a hefty raise. Good thing, I have a new roof, couch, lawnmower, heater/ac unit, and so many other home type to pay for. Point of number 3, even when you feel like you may be catching a break and getting ahead, someone somewhere has the power to put the smack down. Seriously, who is the guy who is like “Allan seems to be doing pretty well taming his spending, saving some money, making good decisions. Hey Jimmy, push the smack down button and get him strapped again.” My big raise was spent before we even moved into the house apparently.

4) Based on number 2 is this a good idea? Well if the two unnamed all powerful jokers are going to keep me strapped financially, I might as well give them a hand. Besides a new bike is always a good idea! I’m either going to get the Raleigh Rush Hour (new at a bike shop), or a Surly Steamroller (used off ebay). Both fixed gear with a flip flop hub.

Did I mention that I’m tired?

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeti....keep on keeping on....life will get better...and by the way...congrats on the raise....see you soon

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger T3 said...

yeah -- houses can be a real bummer some times. you never know when shit's gonna go wrong.

it's too bad the previous owners didn't get the roof replaced when we had the hail storms back in '96... i think just about the whole city got new roofs. so that's why your home owners insurance is so high.

anyway -- buy a bike, it'll cheer you up and give you added energy!

 
At 3:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on the raise!

Maybe you are overtraining? I'm sure you probably keep track of your heart rates, though.

If you know a lawyer, maybe he/she can threaten the old homeowners into throwing down for part of the cost of fixing the roof. That's some bullsnaps brotherman; sorry to hear about that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home