Monday, June 12, 2006

Two strikes and you're out…

So we just got back from Monday night softball. My first at bat was a big K. I totally forgot that you get to the plate with one strike and one ball. It helps speed the game, and catch people like me sleeping. The last few games I found myself swinging at anything close and not being patient. So I thought tonight I would shop till I found just the right one. First pitch, a called strike. Second pitch, a swing and a miss. Number 22 please take a seat on the bench. I made up for it with my next two at bats with a single and a double, scoring both times. G played freakin phenomenal, a virtual vacuum cleaner at first base and hitting decent going 1 for 3. She saved a lot of extra bases from bad throws to first. This was all after a weekend at the MS 150 and being sick for her. She is a total jock.

Being away from the office for another week made for a busy day today. I’m out again tomorrow, though promise to give better updates on the weekend (G’s ride) and a prelude to my race weekend (Lake Minnetonka). I hope to get on a boat cruise after the race Saturday.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Blogger AdamB said...

I had one at-bat in a church league last year. It's really weird trying to hit pitches like that--seems like it'd be much easier if they'd just pitch it hard, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home