Monday, August 14, 2006

.....All the Go Inbetweens

This weekend was pretty relaxed. We stayed in on Friday because I had planned to run a half marathon on Saturday morning. When I got up and look at my training schedule though I saw no long run, so I bailed on the race. G and I took Louie to the dog park, then rode our bikes to Barnes and Noble for coffee. I had a fun brick workout in the afternoon. I had to do an hour of 5 minutes easy riding, 5 minutes building to an all out effort, then run ¼ mile fast, and then repeat immediately. I managed to make it though the rotation 5 times. I rode on my trainer on the back deck, then would take off for a few minutes, then get back on the trainer. My neighbors had to be like WTF. It was fun, but hot. Later that night we went to a cook out with some of G’s work friends.

The highlight of the night though was the concert at 7th St. Entry. We went to see the Silversun Pickups. They totally rocked my face off. They played every song from their new album and the Pikul EP. It was our first time to the entry. I was really pleased. Its super small, the sound was decent and we weren’t packed in like sardines. I was totally pissed that we forgot the camera again. I’m so glad I didn’t let another concert pass though the city and not go because I lacked motivation. We were total rock stars and went out after the show and managed to stay out till 3:30. Sunday of course was a total bust because of Saturday. I parked it on the couch and watched movies. The Grudge by was a pretty decent movie for a rainy Sunday. I was fairly entertained by it but the end was ridiculous. We went to Kihndo for dinner. It was fun to be back in the old hood. For some reason though the whole time I was there I felt like it was winter. Maybe it’s because we ate there like every other day last winter.

Did I mention that the Silversun Pickups totally fucking rock?

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger T3 said...

the only thing worse that riding the trainer inside...




...is riding the trainer outside!


dedication

 
At 11:19 AM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

yeah, i felt like a real Fred. dedication or stupidity........

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home