Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The End is Here...Or is it the Beginning

So my racing season is pretty much over. I mean there are a few races that I am contemplating but it’s unlikely that I’ll actually sign up and race. I had some pretty mean mid-season burn out, but finished strong at the Castaway Triathlon. I ended up taking 11 minutes off my time from last year. I wanted to finish in less than 2 hours and ended up coming in at 1:52 and change. I felt great and the weather was awesome, a solid way to end the season.

So during the season, and the base building leading up to it, I always asked myself what I would do with all of my spare time if I didn’t workout. I really thought I would go crazy and have nothing to do. Well over the last week and a half I figured out what I’d do with all of that “free” time…..all of the shit that I’ve been putting off for the last 9 months. Man it is amazing how much stuff you have to do that can easily be forgotten. So now that I am taking leisurely runs and rides I have been busy with more important things like having nice sit down dinners at home with G, taking Louie for walks at night, reading books, and a few home owner type things. I think so many of us get so wrapped up in our training and racing during the season that we are really far removed from the other parts of our lives. Seriously, last night we got done with dinner and taking Louie for a walk and it was only 8:45. During the season I don’t end up eating till 8 or later. It was really, really nice. I’m looking forward to the off season. I’ll get the rest of the house in order, hang with Louie, and spend some quality time with G. It’ll be nice to slow the pace down for a while, though I’m sure after a month or so I’ll be itching to get back to some pretty structured training.

Oh yeah, did I mention that football season is starting….looks like I’ll have plenty to do on Saturdays and Sundays for the next few months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home