Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sigh of relief?

So the saddle is on the way. Turns out the dude was at Interbike all last week, or so he says. Anyway it should get here this week in addition to new handlebars and brakes for the commuter. Once I get those installed the only things I’m gonna add to it are a new wheelset and saddle (the San Marco that I just bought is gonna go on the Cervelo). I’d like to get it all finished before it gets icy and snowy, but the finances will ultimately decide that. When it’s all said and done it’s gonna be HOT, not to mention race ready for the Velodrome. Maybe T3 and Tuffy will be able to talk me into racing up there next year.

Speaking or racing and finances, T3 and I rode out to Orono last weekend to watch a Cross race. Man it looked totally grueling, but super fun. If I can swing it I’d like to get a cross bike next year and race. I think racing at the track and then cross season would be a great follow up to the tri season. I’ll have the endurance but may not have the fast twitch muscles to be real competitive at the track. I’m not sure how many endurance events they have at the velodrome for the 4/5’s. Anyway, the ride out to Orono was great (ended the day with 62 miles or so). The weather was perfect and the leaves were really great scenery. So far this fall has been pretty awesome. We’ve had some cool weather but it has been buffered by warm spells like we had over the weekend and are in now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home