Thursday, September 21, 2006

Give us the money Lebowski

This is stupid. If anyone has a question, please submit them to me and I will answer them for free. Wait a minute, scratch that. You're already on the internet, look it up yourself you lazy bastard.

I just found out that my office made some financial commitments to local groups for a water quality trading and a carbon sequestration project. They never asked for my input. Did I delete the part of my resume that detailed 4 years of experience in these fields? Oh well, what am I worried about? I'm sure the monies were appropriated in the most cost effective way. Any one could figure that out, who needs an economist?

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

Ouch! That's fcked up dude! I hope you're delivering a good ass-kicking at work for that one.

I'm actually starting my research in pollution credit trading, specifically issues in market design, specifically the problems raised by trading in all-or-nothing blocks.

I'm also supposed to look at what would be the effect of advocacy groups like the Sierra Club buying permits that they don't intend to use. Seems like an easy question to me, but I haven't really started on that.

Anyway, I will send you my paper this spring. Or... maybe next fall, more likely.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

sounds awesome Adam. Looking forward to the paper. Get through the micro and macro first!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home