Friday, September 29, 2006

I’m nervous…

So on Tuesday night I bought a new saddle on Ebay. I had been eyeing this thing since I first saw it in a magazine. The problem was it was too much money, so I turned to Ebay. I found some for sale, only they weren’t the exact model I was looking for. The saddle is made out of magnesium with titanium rails. Supposedly it’s like a carbon saddle at a lesser cost. The thing weighs in at around 160 grams. You can check it out here.

The one that I wanted had no cover (just like on the website) so it was shiny magnesium in your face, totally freakin tits. The only ones I could find on Ebay had a traditional leather cover so the shiny was not visible, though the function should remain unchanged. I got a great deal on it, less than $40 (the covered model retails for around $140). The dude selling it had great feedback and was a power seller so I felt great about it. To this day I have yet to have a bad experience on Ebay, selling or buying. Well its Friday now and I haven’t heard a peep from the seller. The only thing I have going for me is that he has yet to claim the payment from paypal. I’ve got my fingers crossed.

This weekend we are going to get out and see some of the leaves. I think we are going to head to Stillwater Saturday morning for coffee and then go hiking somewhere a little farther north. The forecast shows great weather. The last few days were great in the evening. On Monday I came home and played with the dog in the backyard for a while. I sat in the sun and had a beer before mowing the lawn. Wow, I was a total old man. I have to say getting a slight buzz before taking care of the yard work made for a much more enjoyable experience. It made for some deep thoughts (i.e. Jack Handy) that were pretty entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home