Friday, September 07, 2007

X-Training

So Wednesday I had some cross training on my workout schedule. My workouts have been pretty unstructured and open to give my body a little recovery time before doing some intense bike and swim training. My coach said to do something different and make it fun. So I decided to try BODYPUMP and the Y. I was super skeptical and felt really weird walking into the studio. However, once things got going it was pretty fun. I really have to give credit to the people that are in here and are totally out of shape and need to lose weight. The class is as hard as you want to make it, but if you are actually doing the workout its decent. My legs and biceps are actually a little sore today from it. It does a good job at combining aerobic activity and weight training. I'll wear my HR monitor next time and post the data. I can totally see how if people would stick to it on a regular schedule they would see results in weight loss. If you are looking for something different and willing to check any ego you may have at the door give it a shot.

The weather is great up here in MN, hope its nice where you are. Get out and do something active.

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Blogger T3 said...

I'll wear my HR monitor next time...

and your TuTu?

 
At 1:38 PM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

Like I said you gotta be willing to check your ego (aka manhood) at the door.

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Lunatic Biker said...

Where were you and your tu tu this morning? You missed the Henderson TT.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home