Friday, August 31, 2007

TLC and the Weekend

So Gianna’s favorite television station is TLC. She is always watching some type of house flipping, or what not to wear show. I really think she would be happy having only this one channel, even though its not in HD. Anyway, two nights ago I came in and she was watching a special documentary called “Crazy Sexy Cancer”. It follows the story of a young woman from NYC that is diagnosed with a rare incurable form of cancer. It was a great show. It branched out revealing the stories of other cancer patients that she became acquainted with, and really captured the raw emotions that come with this terrible disease. It seems like almost everyone I know has had first hand experience with losing someone to some form of cancer. Although there are some really sad parts of the documentary, it is an overall feel good show in the end, and makes you really reconsider some of the decisions you make in your day to day life. Specifically the things that we choose to eat and drink. Anyway, if you have TLC, I recommend you find out the next time it is showing and either watch it or DVR it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m considering racing in Hudson on Saturday. I had so much fun in Chicago I kinda want to get one last race in this season. If I do decide to race it will be a Sprint on Saturday morning. They have race day registration, so I can wait till the last minute to decide. However, I have a feeling when/if the alarm goes off at 5:00 tomorrow morning I’m unlikely to get up. If I would have pre-registered yesterday the odds of me racing would have been higher, slightly. We are having a party on Sunday if anyone nearby wants to stop by (free beer and good times). Those of you reading this that I would invite most likely already know where I live. However, if you don’t shoot me an email and I can get you directions or send you a link to the evite. Is it already the end of Summer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home