Thursday, June 28, 2007

BDTT - Episode 2

Last night was my second attempt at the Dog. On the way down I stopped at Hollywood Cycles to get a pump adaptor (or a hash pipe as some like to call it) to make it easier to inflate my HED wheels. Jay was pretty busy at the time but went out of his way to get one for me quickly as he knew we were heading to the Dog. He really hooked me up on it too. I’m not sure the retail on it, but I know I paid 100% less than that. That dude is super nice and runs an excellent shop. Check him out sometime if you haven’t yet.

The race was less than great for me. My legs were super tired after a really long run on Monday and a hard bike workout that included lots of hill repeats on Tuesday. I ran into Ray, Trench, and Drew before the race so it was cool to see a growing Cat6 contingent. I took off and got up to 27mph and wanted to hold it there as long as I could. About 1000 meters into it I realized if I kept that up I would definitely record a DNF, or a time somewhere around an hour. I settled in to all I could muster which was around 23 mph. I ended up posting a time almost identical to my last effort, an average of around 24.5, or 17:57. So it makes me think my computer is really effed. I mean you can’t have and average speed that’s over your cruising speed. Wonder how fast I really started out, and no wonder I couldn’t hold that pace. I heard several people complain about their computers last night. I wonder if the power plant down there is the culprit?

Anyway it was a fun night. There were lots of people out and everyone seemed to be in a good mood and really chatty. The weather was perfect, so it was one of those nights that made me really happy that I live where I do. Saturday I’m racing the Minneman Tri, so it should be another one of those days, just with a different group of peeps. It looks like the weather will be great. I set a goal of breaking 1:07:00. It’ll be tough. I’ll either puke at the line or hit the wall and miss the time. Either way it will be a great way to start off the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home