Friday, June 22, 2007

A great quote to end the week

An article in this weeks The Economist talks about elections and how portions of the general US population are irrational in how they select their candidates. In it I came across a great quote that I’ve been sharing with people in the office. The article basically says that if uninformed voters would vote randomly, the candidate who wins the majority of the well informed votes would win. However, the uninformed voters do not vote randomly, rather they have 4 inherent biases. The article presents the 4 biases and then gives example of how they effect the uninformed voters decisions. The article is based on a new book by Bryan Caplan titled “The Myth of the Rational Voter”. I’m gonna try to pick up the book this weekend. I’ll let you know if I do and then provide a review later.

Anyway, I’m gonna be somewhat liberal with the quote but its something like this
“Surveys suggest that, the more educated you are, the more likely you are to share an economists view….”

That’s right beyotches, you all wish you were as smart as me and shared my views on all issues facing society! I have all of the answers, for the right price.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

Ha, it's so true!

I have pretty much the same answers, for half of what the Yeti is charging.


Who am I kidding...they are for free.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home