Monday, June 11, 2007

Smithers is way better at this blog thing

So Smithers beat me to the punch. Last week G and I rode up to the Lake Harriet Bandshell to hear some music. They have music there every night during the summer. I had G take a picture with her phone so I could show everyone how cool of a place we live in. And as Smithers points out, this stuff doesn’t happen out in the burbs.


The weekend was pretty great. Friday we rode to the 400 Bar in an attempt to see The National, but it was sold out. We met T3 and Carl at Grumpy’s for some beers and tots. It was also G’s first ride home in the dark after a few beverages. She loved it. Its cooler outside, there are little to no cars, and with a little buzz you really feel like a kid on a bike.

Saturday we rode to Anodyne Coffee Shop for brunch, and then had dinner at the neighbor’s house. We were outside almost the entire day, the weather was perfect. We were sitting at dinner and I made a comment how I loved the temperature outside because it feels like nothing. The temp. is such that you feel neither warm nor cold. Then once the sun goes down it’s a little cooler, making it perfect to hang outside and check out the stars.

Sunday was less fun. Cleaning the house in the morning and then landscaping the backyard all afternoon. We ripped out the weed garden and planted some lilacs and put down a bunch of mulch. I’ll post some before and after pictures later. My back is super red. I was smart enough to take off my shirt and not put any sunscreen on. At least it evened out my cycling tan. Last episode of the Soprano’s, I thought it was a perfect ending. Even though it wasn’t really an ending.

3 Comments:

At 11:54 AM , Blogger T3 said...

Sunday was less fun

...because i brought my kids over and ruined your otherwise perfect weekend. sorry!

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger evolving yeti said...

whatever, you guys are welcome anytime.

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger StevenCX said...

Anodyne is the shiz!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home