Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I’m not very tall, but now I feel like a giant in our kitchen.

Last year when we moved into our house, Gianna went out to Home Depot and bought a bunch of ceiling fans. She never really measures stuff, just went out and went crazy in the ceiling fan section. On top of that I’m not the most handy man around the house and I was always told that ceiling fans can be really hard to install because they need to be braced to the rafters and what not. So the fans sat for like a year. Sunday a friend of ours who is a Superintendent for commercial construction projects came over and helped me out. It turns out that we have the right J boxes (?) that they don’t need to have the support brace installed. After putting up one with his assistance I took on three others in the house solo. Well last night I installed the last one in the kitchen. I thought it would go smoothly like all the others. Ha! The installation was a pain in the arse, but that’s not the worst of it. The light fixture that is attached to the bottom of the fan is about 4 inches above my head. I duck instinctively every time I walk into the kitchen, seriously. And its not like we can just switch it out with another fan in the house, all of the ceilings are the same height. If we moved it into one of the bedrooms you would run the risk of getting your ass caught in the blades if you rolled over in your sleep. It would be like some crazy torture device you would expect to see in like Guantanamo. So consider this if we ever invite you over for dinner. Are we asking you because you are our friend, or because you are a suspected terrorist?

1 Comments:

At 10:22 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

That is hilarious!

T3 better watch his tallass!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home