Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Office Politics/Manners

So say you are really engrossed in something at work, and a co-worker that is either goofing off or working on something totally unrelated, asks you a rhetorical question about their task or non-work related business. Do you totally ignore them, or respond with a somewhat disgusted “What?” I usually just ignore them because if you respond with the “What?” they are most likely to come over and properly ask you the question and fully engage you.

I think the entire practice is totally rude. I get so pissed when people interrupt me with something stupid when I am busy. If I see someone working and I have a question, unless it is REALLY important I send an email or check back in a little while. But hey that’s just me.

For the people that work at home, work in a non-traditional setting, or don't work at all...I hate you.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Lunatic Biker said...

You couldn't work in city government cause it's all bullshit all the time. Work at home? I'd be 400 pounds.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger AdamB said...

I "work" at home now. It is really tough to get much done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home